Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch/32 gb playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Wifi drops.

Hey all I got a 32gb playbook an since the last update my wifi drops off an won't load till I turn my wifi off then turn it back on. It does it on tethering and myhome wifi an tried 3 other people's wifi an still does it. Any suggestion on why I would do it. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Wifi drops.

On your Playbook, tap the wifi icon, tap Connect Manually, Enter your Network Name (SSID), Tap Security Type (WPA/ WPA2), Check Automatically Obtain IP ADDRESS and Check Allow Inter Access Point Handover, Enter your Network Key. Check these settings and let me know if this works.
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Even connecting.manually with a static ip you will still drop the network....but itbwill happen less frequently.....Hopefully a future update will fix this....  

New Contributor
My Device: Torch/32 gb playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Setting it up manually does last a few minutes longer but then still drops off. So I shut off the wifi then turn it back on an individual got a Lil more surfing till I repeat. Hope a fix comes out soon.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Sounds to me like a authentication issue. On your computer wireless network settings, check and let us know if you have selected WPA. Or WPA2 or another setting in your router. While you are at it, unplug your router for a few minutes and plug it back in again. Reboot your computer and PB. And try again. Report back on your router settings.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Could you give more info about your network.

Security
Mode b,g,or b or auto
Let's see if we can get you surfing with out interruption.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

I am on g only mode, wpa security....and I have tried everyrouter setting to make sure that was not the issue....the playbook simple has a flaw that drops wifi.....Funnily enough I lose my wifi connection everytime my brother brings his Ipad into the house even though I am grabbing a static ip.....

All that is left is the brand of router....I am on a dlink that seems to work perfect for everything but the playbook...