Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve

Will 2.1 FIX our Playbook Problems

It appears that PB 4G will be released in day now and all PB owners should get a OS update to 2.1. Will 2.1 Update fix our problems? If they fix the E-MAIL duplication that will be a good sign. If they expand the supported for more types of E-MAIL attachments such as TXT that will be better. There are a lot of aggravating bugs that need to be fixed if this device is going to move forward to BB10 OS. The PB OS is the core for BB10 and RIM had better start getting it right.

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

Re: Will 2.1 FIX our Playbook Problems

2.1 os update is only for developers

Trusted Contributor

No no no they are fixing to release 4G version with 2.1 and we should get it also.
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

tboyd wrote:

It appears that PB 4G will be released in day now and all PB owners should get a OS update to 2.1. Will 2.1 Update fix our problems? If they fix the E-MAIL duplication that will be a good sign. If they expand the supported for more types of E-MAIL attachments such as TXT that will be better. There are a lot of aggravating bugs that need to be fixed if this device is going to move forward to BB10 OS. The PB OS is the core for BB10 and RIM had better start getting it right.

BB10 is in most cases completely rewritten as of I know from the BB10 Jam 2012 so if any issue or bug I think you should add a report to https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Trusted Contributor

LBP, BB10 is rewritten compared to the other BB OS 5,6,7 but BB10 is using Playbook OS as it's core and all you have to do is look around this forum to see the bugs that are not fixed that have been reported. Don't get me wrong, I bought a PB at first release and I have two. I want PB and B10 to succeed. The game is on the line.
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

tboyd wrote:
LBP, BB10 is rewritten compared to the other BB OS 5,6,7 but BB10 is using Playbook OS as it's core and all you have to do is look around this forum to see the bugs that are not fixed that have been reported. Don't get me wrong, I bought a PB at first release and I have two. I want PB and B10 to succeed. The game is on the line.

The Core of BB is the QNX and I heard this one is completely rewritten for BB10. Also the UI will change for BB10, so there might be other issues in in BB10 in the future not addressed before a release date as of BB OS 2.1 for PB will be. That's why I think best way is to address all the bugs and feature requests directly on the bug tracker.

I also have some issue on my list since work with the PB myself and develop apps for customers for the PB and hope to see them addressed one day.

I think the devs do not directly read all the forum post and most times only address the issues and bugs on either the github repos or the jira dashboard bug-tracker since those system are more readable for a dev, isn't it.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.