Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
DamienTdoTo
My Device: Playbook 32Gig & Torch 9800/32gig SD card
My Carrier: Telus

Will the New Os coming in February have the ability to read Blackberry Device (s) SD Cards....

[ Edited ]

I am like quite a few of whom wish to store various media onto the SD card, rather than onto the device directly. I have a Torch 9800 with a 32Gig SD card, and a 32Gig Playbook.

As many have experienced, accessing the SD Card via (Bridge Files) on our Blackberry', has proven to be a ridiculous effort. (Note: I was thinking of using other words, but figured I better be polite as I am Canadian)

Does anyone have info in this regard?

I will mention, I've used File Explorer and File Browser apps from App World, which at times do infact connect to the SD Card, and at times will play a video as well as open pic's.  However, honestly, I prefer Blackberry allowing all of us to accomplish this without 3rd party apps assistance; as they are unreliable for the most part.

Seriously RIM, I don't think we mind not having an SD Slot on the Playbook, but for heavens sakes, could you not at least allow full access to our Blackberry Phones SD Card at least!

DAMien

In Advance Thanks for any advise or pointers....

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Will the New Os coming in February have the ability to read Blackberry Device (s) SD Cards....

I would like this feature as well, but unfortunately nothing has been announced about this.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Will the New Os coming in February have the ability to read Blackberry Device (s) SD Cards....

DamienTdoTo wrote:

[...] which at times do infact connect to the SD Card, and at times will play a video as well as open pic's.[...]

The connection between PB and BB is Bluetooth, which is not fast enough to play videos. You'll need to copy the videos to the PB before playing. Also, if your BB is part of BES it is likely your admin has disabled access to the SD card. Finally, access to an encrypted/content-protected SD card is disabled.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DamienTdoTo

Thanks for the response. I am not on BES, rather BIS, sorry about that(i guess it makes a difference).

With regard to Blue-tooth, yes I understand the data rate transfer, but seriously, it should be just fine for viewing, according to what I've read online. It seems to be an excuse at times with many choosing to comment based on their needs and disappointments with no truths being discovered or told.

As I stated, at times it does in fact work but the software on the playbook is quite frankly unreliable. Also, now that you brought up blue-tooth has anyone realized that when you select to send a pic or any other media to your playbook via blue-tooth transfer, our blackberry state"No services available" It seems services were left out on the playbook. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Regarding encryption, I have all off..pretty much like the rest of the world.

I hope the Waterloo Team reads these posts. I am becoming very impatient with their device and yet extremely loyal to all over their at RIM. Go figure.....

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Waterloo Team? what is this you speak of?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DamienTdoTo

Waterloo Team  refereed to in my earlier post is the group (team) of who are some of the best if not THE BEST people you can find in technology. 

The people who take care of the apps etc... are located in Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario CANADA! Awesome people there at RIM headquarters (Blackberry).

Too bad I do not have the same opinion of their leadership ;(

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

oh that team, I thought there was a new one you were promoting

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.