Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
TOF
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Windows 8 - Print to go - Complete failure

godot2011 wrote:

Congratulations for having the patients to work through this and find a solution.  Still it would be interesting to know how other Win8 users report it works OK. I gather you had an upgrade, not a new install. I recall MS had problems with differences between upgrade and full, new install of - I believe Vista. Some functions, features did not work on the upgrade version of the OS. 

The issue is that all new PCs will be shipped with Win8 shortly if not already. This could be a problem for PlayBook users upgrading their PCs.  I.e.. I am a perfect candidate.  

In response to the above.

My procedure for using Print-2-Go from Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Desktop is no different than the one I used for Windows 7 Pro.
0. This only works for me in Windows 8 DESKTOP mode.
1. Install PrintToGo-WindowsDesktop-1.0.161.exe on Windows 8.
2. Check that the Print to Go printer is listed in devices and printers.
3. Make sure your Bluetooth on the Windows machine can "see" your Playbook when it's Bluetooth is turned on.
4. On the Windows PC select a text file (as a test) to print on the print to go printer
5. When the Print to Go dialog box comes up, fill in your BBID and then when asked enter the pairing code shown on your open PB Print-to-Go App.
6. In a few seconds the pairing will complete and print to the PB happens and you will see a notification on the App that you have a new document.

This is exactly the same procedure I used in Windows 7.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

TOF wrote:

godot2011 wrote:

Congratulations for having the patients to work through this and find a solution.  Still it would be interesting to know how other Win8 users report it works OK. I gather you had an upgrade, not a new install. I recall MS had problems with differences between upgrade and full, new install of - I believe Vista. Some functions, features did not work on the upgrade version of the OS. 

The issue is that all new PCs will be shipped with Win8 shortly if not already. This could be a problem for PlayBook users upgrading their PCs.  I.e.. I am a perfect candidate.  

In response to the above.

My procedure for using Print-2-Go from Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Desktop is no different than the one I used for Windows 7 Pro.
0. This only works for me in Windows 8 DESKTOP mode.
1. Install PrintToGo-WindowsDesktop-1.0.161.exe on Windows 8.
2. Check that the Print to Go printer is listed in devices and printers.
3. Make sure your Bluetooth on the Windows machine can "see" your Playbook when it's Bluetooth is turned on.
4. On the Windows PC select a text file (as a test) to print on the print to go printer
5. When the Print to Go dialog box comes up, fill in your BBID and then when asked enter the pairing code shown on your open PB Print-to-Go App.
6. In a few seconds the pairing will complete and print to the PB happens and you will see a notification on the App that you have a new document.

This is exactly the same procedure I used in Windows 7.

Thanks TOF! Excellent write-up. You say you are using Bluetooth, I never tried this configuration I use Print to Go using wifi.  I will have to try it on a Bluetooth link. Now two questions:

- is your Win8 a new install (I.e. on a new PC) or a Win7 to Win8 upgrade? 

- can you make the required connection using wifi?

On behalf of many here thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TOF

Thanks TOF! Excellent write-up. You say you are using Bluetooth, I never tried this configuration I use Print to Go using wifi.  I will have to try it on a Bluetooth link. Now two questions:

Win8 was new install on separate partition.  I dual boot Win8, Win7 and XP Pro.  I "tinker". :-)

Have never tried WiFi, for some reason I figured BT was only option.  It works well.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
audiophono001
My Device: 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Excellent result 

Thanks TOF

I am very happy with Win7 again  - feels very comfortable in comparison to Win 8

Pete

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TOF

TOF wrote:

Win8 was new install on separate partition.  I dual boot Win8, Win7 and XP Pro.  I "tinker". :-)

Have never tried WiFi, for some reason I figured BT was only option.  It works well.

Hope this helps.

OK, correction to the above:

I disabled all Bluetooth capability on PC and PB.  It does print over wifi just fine.  Obviously I was mistaken that I had to use BT for it to work.  Sorry guys. :Oops:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Thanks again. People like you make this forum great.

László 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oghizz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I tried the bluetooth and the wifi and everything you wrote and it's still not working :smileysad:(((

I'm using windows 7 and it's giving me error " An error occured. Log in using your BBID, and restart your Blackberry Blaybook Tablet" the underneath its written "Driver Version 1.0.161.0 (Error code 407)"

PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TOF

oghizz wrote:

I tried the bluetooth and the wifi and everything you wrote and it's still not working :smileysad:(((

I'm using windows 7 and it's giving me error " An error occured. Log in using your BBID, and restart your Blackberry Blaybook Tablet" the underneath its written "Driver Version 1.0.161.0 (Error code 407)"

PLEASE HELP

Could it be that your BBID is not being accepted?   If you haven't tried the help screen on the PB print to go app, check it out.  Upper right corner of the app.

Good luck 

Please use plain text.