Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: att

Yahoo email and calendar issue.

I make use of Yahoo email and have been having issues with the PB.

I only want email on the PB no calendar info.  Here is the issues.

Routinely  prompted for password and user ID. It is a pain but the easy fix is to change the frequency of email, from 15mins to 30mins then hit save.

The issue is the calendar,it has been showing not connected. I have attempted to delete without luck. 

When setting up new email, noticed the option to enable or disable calendar. Have not found a way to disable calendar for email accounts already setup.

Anyone else having this issue?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Yahoo email and calendar issue.

Hi bearmarket,

Have you tried completely removing your Yahoo email from the BlackBerry PlayBook then re-adding it without the Calendar option selected?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: att

Thanks for the reply.

When attempting to remove the calendar the green circle spins saying "deleting account", but after 10 minutes the green circle is still spinning.

The email account has been deleted.

Also noticed that if you swipe down to check for new email, no email is returned but a few seconds later email arrives.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

bearmarket wrote:

I make use of Yahoo email and have been having issues with the PB.

I only want email on the PB no calendar info.  Here is the issues.

Routinely  prompted for password and user ID. It is a pain but the easy fix is to change the frequency of email, from 15mins to 30mins then hit save.

The issue is the calendar,it has been showing not connected. I have attempted to delete without luck. 

When setting up new email, noticed the option to enable or disable calendar. Have not found a way to disable calendar for email accounts already setup.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have the same problem with yahoo mail. The PlayBook keeps asking for entering and saving the password over a decade over again.  It is annoying.  Thanks for the tip. I changed the email timer to 30 minutes. Hope it works.