Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: PB64 Wifi Only (OS 2), Bold 9790 (OS 7.1.0)
My Carrier: 8ta RSA

Yahoo small business email set up failure

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I am noob here. I need your help.:Helpsmilie:

I received my new playbook, wifi edition2 weeks back.

I have set BB Bridge and it works fine along with other apps. I have also set up an email account with a different server and it works fine.

My challenge is with my critical Yahoo Small Business mail account. I use this for all my business. I have been failing to set it up. I tried setting up with POP and that failed. i then read somewhere in one of the KB notes that Yahoo POP is not supported. I have also tried Imap with the settings:

server: (personal info removed).yahoo.com

port: 993

encryption: SSL

smtp serve: (personal info removed) yahoo.com

port: 465

encryption: 465

When I try to save, the PB states "The server for (xxxxx -xxxx@xxxx.com is either offline or your settings are incorrect. Please check your settings and try again.

I have double checked the settings and they are the same as on My MacBook Pro's Apple Mail, Blackberry 9790 and Nokia E71. The same settings are working fine in the POP format on all other devices. I have tried the POP server and that failed before finding POP is not supported for Yahoo by RIM.

I imagine this has been addressed or answered somewhere before. I have been looking in different blogs and forums but I have not found a solution .

I need your help. I welcome any guidance or referral.

Thanks in advance!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Yahoo small business email set up failure

Read BlackBerry Knowledge Base article KB13799. It may help you.