Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

shayejay
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

You require permission from UNIX User to delete this file...

Ok, so basically a couple weeks ago a friend of mine was using my playbook and clicked on something on a website they were on. They ended up downloading a file that contained a whole bunch of little icon photos and stuff like that... majorly annoying when I am trying to find a picture and I have to scroll through 300 or so small icon pictures... I can't find the actual file to delete from the playbook itself, even using file manager, but when I plug it into my computer the file is right at the top of the downloads.

However when I try to delete it from there it starts to delete and then a popup tells me I require permission from the Unix User to make changes or delete this file.

Does anyone know what to do?

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: You require permission from UNIX User to delete this file...

I would take a guess and say your friend downloaded some android app that put all the icons on the PlayBook. If you have a backup on your computer that is dated prior to the incident, I would do a wipe and then a restore from your backup file. Doing this will delete all files added to your PlayBook. If you do the backup now, you may end up with all the **bleep** when you restore the files. You may try purchasing Files and Folders in BlackBerry World (0.99 in Canada). You should be able to see all these icons which may allow you to delete them. Whatever you try let us know the result and don't give your PlayBook to your friends.
Please use plain text.