Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

YouTube Freezes

Has anyone else had problems with the Playbook playing YouTube Videos?  Mine will not play any YouTube videos either in the YouTube app nor in the Browser.  The YouTube app starts to load the video then the entire app locks up.  A similar thing happens in the Browser.  The video will begin to load then the entire browser locks up. 

I have restarted multiple times, cleared all the cache, etc.  I'm at a loss as to why it won't play any of these videos.  I've tried lots of different YouTube videos and it won't play a single one. 

If anyone has any ideas I'm open to them. 

Thanks,

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: YouTube Freezes

John,
Have you tried doing the three button reset?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

how much free memory do you have before and after?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I haven't done the three button reset but have restarted the device several times

Free memory is around 580MB and stays roughly the same after each restart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
sbspence
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: At&t

Anyone ever figure this out? I'm having same issue!
Bound to Blackbook Playberry...
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

I would think you may have a slow Internet connection. I have no problems with YouTube videos. You might also try doing a reboot of your router.
Please use plain text.