Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
vangelis
My Device: playbook

accelometer

I think my playbook's accelometer is not working properly. When I play games such as Need for Speed where tilting is required, I need to keep the tablet tilted to the right in order for the car to go straight.

Blackberry support asked me to send my tablet for repair and they returned it ten days later saying there's nothing wrong with it. When I contacted them they suggested I should post it to them again. Not helpful at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Re: accelerometer

You could try one of the free "level" apps to see what orientation they give you.  If they all show a tilt different from the actual tilt position of the PlayBook, you could then call them back on warranty for a fix.  If they show the level of the PlayBook accurately, then perhaps something is wrong with your installation of the game.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor
vangelis
My Device: playbook

Thanks for your reply. I tried level ups and also tried other games that need tilting and the problem persists.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I have already sent the tablet to blackberry as it was covered by my warrantee (I bought it a month and half ago). However, they were not able to find anything wrong with it and so they could not fix it. Their overall support was very frustrating.

Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Yes, kind of tough when you are doing things at a distance.  I have the advantage of just walking down a couple of blocks past the local university to go and show them what does not work.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB