Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Pierre

applications

Hi Everyone,

I need an concrete answer from someone.

I am user of Blackberry bold with exchange with my company, and would like to buy a playbook.

I am wondering if the playbook can store and handle pdf files, and office excel, powerpoint word ...

I know I am a new user and maybe my questions are stupid but I need confirmation otherwise I 'll be forced to buy Ipad 2

what I don't want .

My job is in technique and I need to use data sheets in PDF, and presentation in Powerpoint.

Thanks

Best regards

Pierre.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: applications

Bonjour, Pierre!

The playbook can store and handle pdf files, excel, powerpoint and word files. That said, and for the moment, it cannot seem to be able to edit powerpoint files, nor pdf, only excel and word.
Furthermore, depending on the way you access those files, you may or may not be able to save them on the playbook:
if you use the playbook's browser to access a webmail (like gmail or hotmail) or a website where the files you want to download are stored, you can save them on the playbook, and open them either with Adobe Reader (pdf), Word To Go (doc), Sheet To Go (xls) and Slideshow To Go (ppt).
On the other hand, there's a know issue regarding pdfs created with the 'print to pdf' option - it will only show the first few pages, and all others will appear blank.

BUT if you are trying to access files from your BlackBerry smartphone, either from the device itself or from an e-mail address, you can bridge (aka connect) both devices and you will be able to see the attached files (from emails) or the files that you already have on your SD card, but you will not be able to save them to the playbook. You will have to save them on the SD card. (Then, if you use a paid app called File Browser, you should be able to copy files from the SD card to the playbook).

Hope I was able to help you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Pierre

Thanks for this explanation.

Actually I bought the playbook and Pdf work well.

last problem is that I 'd like to show powerpoint slide show and my slideshow to go doesn't work ( only first page is flashing contiunuously.

The file is quite big ( 50 Mb )  is it possible to save it in my playbook for presentation ?

thx

B regs

Pierre

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Congrats on your playbook purchase

:smileyvery-happy: Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V