Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
bmanley
My Carrier: AT&T

battery issue after update

Did the update yeaterday morning and when I shut off the PB it had 76% battery left. Didn't touch it all day and by 9 it was at 3%. Anybody having this problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mcetlinski
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery issue after update

yes, mine drained about 50% yesterday just sitting on my desk with no use for about 5 hours. charged over night and after 3 hours no use this morning its down to 87%.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MSAGWAVA
My Carrier: Fido

Yes, I updated yesterday to version 1.0.3.1868 and my device will no longer hold a charge. I noticed that it deteriorated after I enable Tethering. Battery indicator is currently at 0% and Red. I am using the device only when connected to external power.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joebalazs
My Carrier: verizon

i too upgraded last night and by morning battery was dead.    plugged it in this morning and battery was red.  after an hour still no charge.   rebooted while plugged in and it is now charging.   ~90 minutes it is up to 25% charged.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MSAGWAVA
My Carrier: Fido

I follow the instructions on this forum reply and it is now charging. Thank you.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley

I had left mine on charge over night and took it off right after I started this post, Now a little over an hour later its down to 90%. Think RIM has something wrong in this udate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akjohnson
My Carrier: Rogers

Upgraded to 1868 last night, no battery issue so far. Did you leave bluetooth or wireless turned on while on stand-by?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley

Yes they were on in stand by but that is nothing new. I have always left them on since the 19th when I got it maybe I've charged it4 or 5 times so the battery has never drained like this. At this rate if I used it even only a few hours a day I would have to charge twice a day

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley

Just checked it again between my posts and in less then a half hour it has gone down 5%. With that it means just sitting here it will go dead in about 10 hours without even using it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swami62
My Carrier: Bell

I have had this problem. As soon as the update installed, battery would not receive charge. Went to zero with no use. Initially, would only work when plugged in. Support had me reload the software, and that is stalled because it wants 20% power before going forward. So, now I have a useless tablet.

I would recommend not reloading software as a fix given my experience. I am currently awaiting follow-up from support.

Please use plain text.