Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
MSAGWAVA
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

Re: battery issue after update

I was at 0% when I initiated the

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

My device is now charging and after 2 hours it is at 60%, When It get to +95%,  I will then evaluate if it is draining or maintaining its charge. I will keep you posted.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

I Did the update as well but have not noticed abattery dischagre but I am leaving it on batter start now..see what happens

eastcoastcreative
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
scocam

[ Edited ]

It's been 1 hour since running on full battery charge with lasted OS

it's at 92% capacity, no apps running but I did keep the PB awake touching every 5 minutes (Dimming turned off)

eastcoastcreative
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MSAGWAVA

Well, I got to top up the battery to 100%, disconnected the charger for 45 minutes, with the Wi-Fi and Bridge turned off, still at 100%. Then I started the Wi-Fi and Bridge; after 15 minutes I am still at 100%. Looking good... Good luck to all.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

I charged mine to 90% (30% - 80% with a weaker charger, 80-90 with the one included in box) and left it on standby for 3 hours. The bugger went from 90% down to 53%! Wifi was left on, and a browser was left open.

I charged it again with the one from the box, and this am on standby and after an hour it seemed to hold charge.

Is retaining battery charge a bug? Is there a best practice for leaving pb on standby ie turning off bluetooth and wifi?

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
scocam

it's been 2 hours 45 mins since my last updted post at 3pm...battery is at 83% and I've been using a wee bit

TheOS  update fro me seems to have worked out okay

eastcoastcreative
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MSAGWAVA

My Playbook is open, with no real usage within the last 2 hrs. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the Bridge are connected. My battery is now at down from 100% to 85% ;-( this is unusual, I did not have such a battery drain before the update. I hope they come up with a new build soon
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I hope they fix it soon too. Have cancer and wanted this PB to help me pass the time while I'm healing from the surgery but like this it's no good to me. Might just have to return it and wait until they get all the bugs worked out

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
artie_belafonte
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530 and Playbook OS 1.0.3
My Carrier: Sprint

I did the update to OS 1.0.3.1868 and it is working even better now. I  notice the battery is more efficient and if it is in stand by it barely drain some current over the time. I.E. If I leave it in stand by for 4 hours it only go down to 1% only.

The problem with your tablet is that you might be leaving wifi and/or Bluetooth running, make sure you turn them off and applications closed, by doing this the drain of current will be dramatically reduced to a few microAmps.

Please give kudos if this message help you. :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Well I took it off the charger this morning and it was at 100% only turned it on long enought to look at the battery meter maybe 6 times and its now at 19%. Looks like Best Buys is going to get it back and I may wait for them to get all the kinks worked out

Please use plain text.