Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Imobile
Accepted Solution

blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device for the playbook

Hey whats up..... I'm new to the playbook and I'm having serious problems trying to connect my playbook with the blackberry desktop software. when i tried connecting it, a small windows popped up, saying "blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device.............. and if error to update". So i did. I'd already backed up the playbook the day before so it was ok when the small windows said, "all data would be remove and playbook would return to factory settings". I did all the procedures and the  blackberry desktop software still wont connect to the playbook. I tried uninstalling the  blackberry desktop software  and re-installing it, but the same thing keep on showing up. So i cant access my playbook.

Can someone plz help me????????

PS... My Playbook is on OS 2.1.0.1088 and is 16GB

I tried the updating method 5 times now and uninstalling and reinstalling the  blackberry desktop software 7 twice. I dont know what else to do, and also Is there another way i cant access the playbook? 

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device for the playbook

Try this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB26904&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Imobile

Re: blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device for the playbook

Thanks allot, I did whats the Link said, all was needed was to update the Motion INTERNET driver........ Thanks allot, once more for the help.