Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mplanada
My Device: blackberry playbook

blackberry playbook camera and video

Hi,

My blackberry playbook camera and video suddenly stopped working. This error appears on screen everytime i open camera

error.4003 picture

May i ask what is it about and how to fix the problem.

Thank you,

Grace

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: blackberry playbook camera and video

4003 = camera broken. Call blackberry supoort.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adruking
My Device: Playbook

It's a software fault after upgrades.

My Cam & Video work perfectly, but now, only after doing multiple resets to get it to work at all.  After eventually turning off the PBk at the end of the day, I get same error 4003 on cam and vid again the next day. PB out of warranty. No progress on matter, or indication of such, by BlackBerry.

Going to give the PB & 9360 to geeky niece - after she puts new Ubuntu Tab/Phone OS on a Nexus 10 for me. That's the deal. Just got to wait for OS to mature to workability, hopefully by Xmas.

Can't keep spending on noncheap BB hardware if they break it after warranty ends.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

If you can get it working, after resets, don't turn your PB off. (I leave mine on all the time.) If this works for you, while not a fix, it will allow you to use the PlayBook. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Anecdotal evidence in forums suggest the 4003 is often noticed after an OS update, may indeed be caused by an update, but is irreversible, cannot be resolved by software change and therefore by definition is hardware requiring a workshop fix. 

My searches point to a 4003 error meaning 'insufficient access rights',  and the camera / video suffix are pointing to the affected area where applicable.

So something in the initial QNX OS startup set-up isn't granting rights, not inheriting rights, or not saving rights; when a tablet is turned on.

I have noticed, since 1526, that during setup, there is a very fast white glitch passes over the screen during red phase, just before final purplish phase. Also noticed it once in very first texted screen after turn-on;white text on black screen, usual stuff, but fast glitch wasn't. These fast white glitches never used to happen.

Can only assume these indicate QNX activitating components & services on its way to the password screen.

I think that Cam & Video are getting disassociated, or control software links broken here, after very initial switch-on.

Cam & Video work perfectly, after my many manual resets kick in.

May be a help to someone, but obviously BB know already 4003 means no rights access given to PB, or Cam, or whatever, by QNX

That's the limit of my Sherlock Holmes-ing......

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Please post the link where blackberry confirm the 4003 error condition. Thanks.

Knowledge base reference to error 4003 always seems to refer to access problems etc. The suffix we get i.e picture (or video) appended seems to refer to the problem area - so putting the machines message together 'error.4003 picture', would, to me, say e.g no access granted to picture area, or camera.

I simply searched instances of 4003 in KB, got 2 hits about access problems in different other fields. Our field is pictures which is what our mssgs tells us. The 4003 part can obviously refer to any area or activity of the PlayBook.                   Anyway that how I deduced the breakdown & construction of error 4003 picture.

Error = a Flag.

4003 = access fault.

Picture = fault area.

It's a 3 part information blog! But it hasn't fixed my camera....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adruking

Forgot.
re.BB confirming the error condition?
BB don't need to confirm 'error.4003 picture' exists.
QNX OS confirms it with a message every time you hit the Cam or Video button. I can send screenshots if needed (if I could figure out how to attach it).
Probably misunderstood the Q. Apologies if so. These are my best shots at all this...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adruking

Just an odd thought.
What a bummer for a QNX Porsche to get a 4003.....
Ha.
Please use plain text.