Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 10
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

blackberry playbook10 camera error.4003

[ Edited ]

Dear RIM and community members
In July 2013, I purchased a blackberry playbook 10 in the UK  which I am currently using it for my using it for my ongoing field research work in a certain country in West Africa.

But the camera (both front and rear plus video) just went dead overnight last month usually showing error.4003 picture when i use it. This was a big blow to me as it has been the only device I have been using to undertake memorable pictures/videos for my study.

It was yesterday, that a friend of mine advised that I report it as it is more of a manufacturing or warranty-type defect. I contacted the sales outfit where I bought it who also mentioned it is a manufacturer-defect issue. Please is that the case? Will I get a replacement when I send it to you? How do you I fix the problem? 

The sales outfit is suggesting a factory reset option, but I am afraid the problem may come sometime in the future. Beside,  I am in a remotest village outside the UK where getting back faster internet connection to download apps/software will be challenging. Please advice me on options of what to do.

Regards,

Albert

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: blackberry playbook10 camera error.4003

most of the time 99%,  it needs to be repaired by BlackBerry

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 10
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

Thanks for your suggestion. Please do you know how I can contact Blackberry by email. I am now residing in Africa
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

not sure if an africa one is available or not

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V