Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
blairrnb
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

bloomberg mobile

Playbook needs bloomberg mobile app. Nothing comes close. It is available on blackberry phone. Iphone and ipad but not playbook, which renders the playbook a doorstop at best.

Can someone send this post to where it might get a decent response from rim?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sbrown82
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bloomberg mobile

Try http://mobile.bloomberg.com/markets

I just did and bookmarked to my Playbook browser.  Works for me as the app on my 9850.  Let us know if this fits your needs.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairrnb

The bloomberg mobile app is not available for the playbook in stocks and investments. If you are simply referring to the bloomber website, you are, with due respect, not understanding the issue and the major deficiency with the playbook. Please advise how you were able to install the bloomberg mobile app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairrnb

The bloomberg mobile app is not available for the playbook in stocks and investments. If you are simply referring to the bloomber website, you are, with due respect, not understanding the issue and the major deficiency with the playbook. Please advise how you were able to install the bloomberg mobile app.

I just went to the link that you provided. It is not the bloomberg mobile app. Download the app to your bb phone, iphone or ipad to experience the application.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

If bloomberg app not being available that makes it a doorstop you are too picky. There are many news and stock apps in app world. Just return your playbook and be an isheep and gat an ipad.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairrnb

Aandres--I own an ipad and a playbook. I am attempting to give playbook a chance and would like to see rim succeed, if you day trade, you will know that bloomberg mobile is superior to all other apps. Also paybook does not allow proper and full use of marketwatch.com/ causing the playbook to be useless for trading. For a business oriented device, the playbook should be as good as or better than ipad 1, not worse.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairrnb

Sorry for typos--aandras and playbook. There is no facility to proof read or spell check in this "forum" that does not render any positive results from rim. It is simply a waste of time asking rim to fix anything. I shall give up and simply upgrade my ipad and trade gmcr instead of rim. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I too own an ipad and ipad2, as well as xoom and several playbooks. I use the layboolk overall. It is not up to rim ro create the app. Bloomberg is. If there is an andriod app then all bloomberg needs to do is port the app over to the PlayBook. Apple doesnot create all their apps but developers do. The are many apps in the queue for appworld. It takes time. Yes patience is needed. For the price of the PlayBook and quality it is a far better. Than the other tablets.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.