Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Dun
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

browser occasionally stops loading pages

has anyone had this problem? When I am browsing the internet sometimes sites stop loading and I have to refresh alot or restart the browser. The blue loading bar seems to reach 3/4 way then stops, it gets annoying for example when I am shopping and then have to restart and add stuff to my shopping basket again or typing in bank details and it stops loading the next page etc.

also when I am watching a flash video sometimes it just stops loading and it is starting to get annoying now because I have to restart the browser and cannot fast forward so I will have to wait. 

I don't know if this is a hardware issue with my playbook because I never have this problem when doing the same stuff on my laptop or on another tablet so it isn't my internet. Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: browser occasionally stops loading pages

How are you connecting to the internet? If WiFi it could be a signal strength issue. If bridged to your phone it's limited by your phone connection. I'd try to figure out when and where it happens to narrow down the problem. Personally I've not seen this. If I have a problem it's no WiFi and then the blue bar stops about a quarter of the way across. One other thing to check is what the address bar says as it loads, if it has the site address and indicates that it connected to the site maybe it's a site issue. You can use www.speedtest.net to see what speed your connection is.
New Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, Z30, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I heard people fixed this problem by clearing the Caches.

swipe down from the top of the screen->select the gear Options->Privacy & Security->scroll down->Clear All

Dun
Contributor

@ tirgoman I am connected to wifi at home and the signal strength is strong normally 3 bars or full. I have also done the speedtest and my Internet speed seems reasonable at 3.36mb download speed. It also happens when I am at my girlfriends so I don't think it is my Internet connection. Have you got any other suggestion please on what I can do. Thanks
Dun
Contributor

@ cbvinh

I,ve tried that many times doesn't seem to solve it on mine. Any other suggestions on what I can do?
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Here's an idea, go to AppWorld and download the Comic San Browser, it's free. Try it and see if the problem persists. This will eliminate the PB stock browser as the problem. I actually think it's faster than the stock browser. Another thought is your router and internet service, is it set up as a secure site, if not others can get logged on and use IP addresses up so to speak (much less bandwidth). If not then secure the WiFi and then set up a new profile for the WiFi on the PB and try that. Another thing to check is the channel that the WiFi is using, try changing that, sometimes other things in the house such as wireless phone that use the same 2.5 g  frequency can interfer with WiFi. I'm sorry I don't have more ideas but mine and my wife's have worked great. In fact yesterday I switched internet services (more speed), since I had and still have static IPs I just changed the IP addresses in the firewall ,plugged everything back in and it worked perfectly. I didn't change a thing on the PB. Last point, turn off WiFi, clear the cache, do a restart and then give it a try. 

Dun
Contributor

Yes my wifi is secure with with a passkey to connect to it. My brother has got a playbook I will try swap with him, see if he notices the problem when his got mine or see if his got the same problem with his but he already told me his doesn't. I will try that comic san browser hopefully it fixes it. I will let you know if it does. (already tried turning off router, clearing cache, rebooting etc still problem occurs once in awhile)

thanks for all your advice tirgoman Smiley Happy much appreciated
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I had similar problem.  With similar frustrations because WIFI looked ok, cleared cache, etc, etc. 

What I eventually found - I had reconfigured my playbook for static IP.  And in doing so, I slipped a digit when entering the Primary DNS IP address.  When I fixed the problem, immediate return to normal.  It appears what I was encountering was the overhead of stumbling to the secondary DNS

Even if this is not applicable to your specific case, maybe it will encourage a close review of your wireless configuration.

Dun
Contributor

@3putt

It's good to hear you had a similar problem and managed to fix it. My wifi connection automatically obtains IP address. Did the problem occur before you reconfigured your playbook for static IP or did you it only happen because you slipped a digit in entering the primary DNS IP address?

Thanks in advance
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, Z30, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Two things:

1.  If you have an N router, perhaps try switching it to B/G only?  I've read there have been problems with N routers.

2.  Try switching the channel your router operates on.  There are programs that can scan to see what channels nearby routers are operating on.  Find, ideally, an empty channel or one that doesn't have many routers on them.  It'll be a number between 0-15.