Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
carolxi
My Device: BlackBerry playbook V 2.0.1.358

can't sync BBPB Kobo w pc

I have a BlackBerryPlaybook. Basically, I just turned it on and started using it - no backing up, no syncing. My internet wifi only gives my 2 Gigs /mth, so I don't want to backup to the PC. I accessed the Kobo books program that comes w/BBPB and bought a book, no problem! however, kobo has sent me a welcome email with a discount of 20% and I cant use it. When I try to use it at checkout on the playbook,  it says I have no purchases and no kobo promo. Contacted kobo and they said it must be done from my PC. Tried and got exactly same results, so do I need to sync Playbook kobo with PC and how do I do that? Thx for any help

Trusted Contributor
rossjackson01
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)

Re: can't sync BBPB Kobo w pc

[ Edited ]

Hello carolxi

Download the pc desktop software and install. Use a usb cable to connect to the Playbook and you can then save and I think install the kobo. Doesn't take anything away from your download limits.

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones.html?LID=uk:bb:software:tabletsoftware&LPOS=uk:bb:soft...

go to playbook and update. You will see the desktop progremme to install.

Regards

Ross 

Regards to all (except BB)
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: can't sync BBPB Kobo w pc

You literally should just be able to use the promo code on the Kobo website on a PC (or indeed in the PlayBook Browser).

If it isn't working, try a different web browser. Having gone through the process myself a long time ago - it isn't always obvious that it's applied the discount.

This has nothing to do with the PlayBook app, so don't worry about that.

Once you've purchased the book, it should appear in your library.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!