Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

cannot play video (.mov) transferred onto playbook

I just put a .mov file onto my playbook into the "video" directory. It immediately showed up in the "video" app. 

However when I try to play it, it gives me this errmsg: "Media Error: Cannot open the file. Please check the file permissinos and try again."

Is anyone seeing this kind of error?

.mov is not the only file type I'm having issues with. I can't view any of the PDFs I transfer onto my playbook, not even the ones saved onto the playbook via blackberry email while in bridge mode.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Re: cannot play video (.mov) transferred onto playbook

Very strange, after I did a media sync with the desktop mgr, during which that video was processed/sync-ed (I'm not sure what was actually done as I never specified any videos on the PC to be synced, only mp3s & jpegs), the .mov file can now be played.

But this is not a satisfactory. I shouldn't have to sync the playbook to make this work. I should be able to put something in the "documents" directory and the videos should still be playable. Of course, right now, the video app does not even let you look into the documents directory.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

mov can be play well on the playbook, i readed the Supported Media Types on BlackBerry Tablets.

but the audio codec must AAC, MP3 or PCM.

But do not worry, you can convert the audio codec to aac for palybook.

here is the guide : how to play mov files on the playbook with great quality

hope it can help you, good luck!

----------------------------------------
My Blog http://icamcorder.net
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I moved a .mpeg video to my PB and it would not play. I had to convert it to a .mp4 file before it would open. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. I am hesitant to sync all my files until the file/folder issue gets solved.