Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
rhodzter
My Device: bb tablet

cant update my PB to 2.0

anyone knows how to fix it?cnt update my BB PB to version 2.0 iv got 1.08.6067

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: cant update my PB to 2.0

Can you be more specific? Can the PB connect to the Internet?
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

1. Open PB Desktop Manager
2. Connect PB to PC
3. Once connection is established go to "Help" should show no updates
4.  Hard restart PB pressing power button and select "restart"
5. Once restart has begun Desktop Manager will display a popup window "option to Update" select update
6. This will take a long time approximate 15-20 minutes while the Original OS is downloading from RIM server
7. Follow on screen instruction at end

The original factory install will have been restored (all images, videos original games etc) . You need to re-initialize the PB from the start, just as if you just got it home from your store purchase.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
jwsmith92
My Device: Playbook

You can also drag down your settings and tap software updates.
New Contributor
rhodzter

yup!thus where u live a big factor if the update is available?coz i saw some vids in utube that in some countries 2.0 is not available coz im from philippines,after i decided to wipe all the data and chnge my BB id all that is left is the browser app and the set up app,whenever i tried downloading bb app world in bb.com it always half load then nothing happens after i click download...jst cnt figure out what to do how can i put bb app world again in my tablet?

New Contributor
rhodzter

yup!thus where u live a big factor if the update is available?coz i saw some vids in utube that in some countries 2.0 is not available coz im from philippines,after i decided to wipe all the data and chnge my BB id all that is left is the browser app and the set up app,whenever i tried downloading bb app world in bb.com it always half load then nothing happens after i click download