Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ml77
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

catch 22 with my blackberry ID

Help needed please with my blackberry ID.

I stupidly mis-typed one letter in my 'username' in establishing my ID (I entered .um rather than .uk)

Then (even more stupidly) I lost my password.

I am unable to retrieve it through the 'lost password' procedure because the reply e-mail is sent to my wrongly entered username address which does not exist of course.

I created another ID using my correct e-mail but my playbook refuses to accept it.

Any help in getting out of this would be much appreciated.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: catch 22 with my blackberry ID

You will need to wipe, or debrick, the Playbook in order to log into it with a new BBID. One word of caution, you will not be able to restore a backup made with the original BBID to the Playbook with a new BBID. This is a security feature. I would connect the Playbook to your computer and backup everything you can manually (pics, videos, documents, etc.)

Here is a KB that explains the process:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
ml77

Thanks john, I will try to do that
New Contributor
ml77

success!

after worrying over having to re-install some of the applications that I had trouble with originally, I did a full wipe and was able to set up again with my correct e-mail address without any problems.

many thanks

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Awesome!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!