Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: curve9350; playbook tablet
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

charger cannot be inserted

i have had difficulty over the past few weeks inserting the charger into the playbook.  it seemed to not fit. So i would try flipping it around and one way or another it would slide in and charge and all well.... that is to say that its been tricky for a few weeks but in the end id be successful.  My luck ran out!  i cannot insert the charger portion that goes into the tablet.  I have tried every single charger - RIM chargers -- in my house and none fit.  now out of power after two days of trying!!!!   What can i do?  Where can i take it?  is there an alternative charger that attaches to any of the other two contact points?  what are they called?  where do i get them?  i am such a playbook fanatic.... i feel crippled.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: charger cannot be inserted

Blackberry logon on the mini connection fitting into your playbook must be facing up NOT the usb logo...or you will severely damage the usb port..if you have been doing otherwise, its probably ruined..There is a desktop quick charger for about $40 which uses an alterative port on the bottom of the PB

Gene
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem - also looking for some help with this.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It sounds to me like you have a broken PlayBook charger port (which will also impact your ability to plug your PlayBook into your computer).

One alternative for power though is to get a PlayBook Rapid Travel Charger. It connects using a magnetic connection to the 3 little dots on the bottom of the PlayBook. The charger is shown near the bottom of this page:

http://ca.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/accessories.html

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: wifi only

It sounds like half the Playbooks sold have a broken USB socket, got to be a problem with them - either cheap weak/faulty or badly connected to motherboard. You only have to look at how many Phones and other devices there are with the same mini USB socket, but without the breaking problem.

New Contributor

Is there a repair solution for the port? Cause backing up and connecting to the computer is kind of important. Love the magnetic port solution for charging power!!!!!
New Contributor

Elite I

You can take them for repair... There are places that will do it, or you can call BlackBerry PlayBook support for an official repair option (go to http://blackberry.com/support and select the PlayBook from the list).

@mark811, I wouldn't say that. I've had my PlayBook since the release date and so have two other family members and a number of friends. None of us have had issues. Usually this happens from trying to force the charger in or from handling the PlayBook while charging and putting extra pressure on the connection. But regardless, half means 1 in 2 PlayBook tablets has an issue and that isn't my experience at all. Because I personally know more than 15 people with PlayBooks and none have had this problem.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I will try my luck repairing.... I am guilty as charged for trying to force plug in the wromg way... I also agree that it takes some heavy handing to cause this. There are three active playbooks n my immediate family.... All for over two years... Onc since first entering market in the States... And I Am the only one with an issue....and as stated, quilty as charged. I have ordered the magnetic charget and that will hold me over for a little while. Thank you!!!!
Elite I

Good luck!