Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

joeyjellybean
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Orange

connecting my blackberry playbook to my bbm?

can anyone tell me how to connect my playbook to the bbm on my phone? I've tried but it won't work. I have the most recent updates on both and I have the curve 8520. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: connecting my blackberry playbook to my bbm?

joeyjellybean wrote:

can anyone tell me how to connect my playbook to the bbm on my phone? I've tried but it won't work. I have the most recent updates on both and I have the curve 8520. Thanks.

On your Curve, install the BlackBerry Bridge, you can either use AppWorld or in the Playbook setup go to the BlackBerry Bridge and use the setup, you will find the QR barcode, just scan it and it will take you to the download for the the bridge. 

After the bridge is installed you will be able to pair the Playbook and the phone, and from there will be able to use the BBM 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
joeyjellybean
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Orange

I have the bridge connected on my phone and playbook, but when I open it on my playbook it won't open messages or bbm etc. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

joeyjellybean wrote:

I have the bridge connected on my phone and playbook, but when I open it on my playbook it won't open messages or bbm etc. :smileysad:

On the phone, in the Bridge go to the Device Property, inside make sure that the BBM, Message and any other options that you want is check mark, this should enable them. 

If it does not work, try a battery pull on the phone, and a restart on the Playbook. 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zenagrin
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I have tried ALL of the above!! And still not working. Please any ideas before I take this Z10 back... I need to have BBM. Between my Z10 and PlayBook
Please use plain text.