Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: connecting tablet to the television

Apparently some users here don't read with the same depth in which they spew from their fingers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!

Still, that doesn't make incorrect statements about GOLD connectors true... and that is the crux of the matter in a very small nutshell, ain't it now. Sometimes the truth hurts. So sorry. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

wonder1-47100 wrote:

You cannot get surface oxidation with GOLD. It is unfortunate that most people don't realize that.... 

Therefore, if one follows properly what I said in my post, one will learn a lot about metal science and connectors and not make the mistake of thinking that a connector of another metal is just "as good as GOLD" (a common phrase we use to describe something that is perfect). 

Please read my post. I said chrome plated steel would be as good (i.e. as good as your favourite gold plated copper) in that neither will get significant surface oxidation to the extent of bare copper or other treatments.  On the other hand gold at an almost molecular thickness on cheap plugs will rub off very quickly. Absence of grease or dirt is also a big factor.

You based your argument on conductivity which at the currents drawn in this usage is irrelevant. Your choice of gold plated contacts is fine, your reasoning is flawed.

Together with "most people" on here who went to high school I learned nothing new, sorry. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!

"Gold-plated copper", now that's a good one. Such a long way to go yet.... oh dear....

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

wonder1-47100 wrote:

"Gold-plated copper", now that's a good one. Such a long way to go yet.... oh dear....

Maybe I shouldn't tempt you, but please explain.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Please don't feed the trolls.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonder1-47100

A "troll" is a term that is often used on this forum by the "gang of 3" bullies in order to shut new posters out of this site --- yet it is never explained. So here is some helpful information on it (you're welcome, in advance): 

The verb is a hunting term from Old French. It also has Norse derivitaves. In Portuguese, it derives from a bird, a pigeon. Isn't that interesting, now? Well, interesting to those who spend their entire waking moments for years and years on internet sites (like no real life, you know?).

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Looks like I'm guilty of feeding them myself. Smfh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Please stop the open jabs at each other and stick specifically to the topic at hand.

Please recall the following community guidelines:

Relevant Discussions and Posts.  For everyone's benefit please stay on topic. This community is provided for the specific purpose of making it possible for the BlackBerry customers to help each other in using BlackBerry products and services. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or, in general, from posting in a manner unrelated to the direct resolution of issues expected in the support of BlackBerry products and services on specified support boards. Please use the designated area for these ‘off-topic’ discussions – Community Home.

Thanks Everyone.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png

Please use plain text.