Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Skitzo
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: don't have a phone

contact? Want business?

Anyone know how I can actually e-mail RIM sales?  I am the communications officer for our local teachers union.  I'm ATTEMPTING to purchase 25 Playbooks from RIM (perhaps more if these work out).  I wish to put them in every school in our board as a comunications tool.  In my mind, RIM should be promoting their tablets in the high schools in order to get the students involved, and buying their products. 

When I was teaching in the US, Apple came in and gave the school computer labs, then leased machines for next-to-nothing to the teachers, and gave amazing deals to the students.  They knocked the PC's right out of the school district and created a dependency for Mac which lasts in the board to this day.... This isn't quite the same model I'm eluding to... but, where is RIM?  Some of my students are buying Playbooks over ipod touches. (great!).  But many others know nothing about the playbook and will stick with what their friends have - what's trendy (even if it's behind the curve).  Has RIM attempted to start a trend?  Attempted to give a student discount? (Like the software companies do to create dependency) To provide a technology which will encourage teens to buy other RIM products (ie. blackberry).  I do not have a SINGLE student who does not own a cell phone. 

BUT...... I can't even get an e-mail to the sales team to purchase bulk orders of their products......

Come on people!! I'm trying to buy direct
 ;-)

Thanks

Doug

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: contact? Want business?

Go to www.blackberrycom/contact

You'll find a phone a physical address.

Good idea, good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Skitzo

Well I attempted to contact RIM again.  I called on Wednesday and the receptionist sent me to someone who didn't know anything about sales.  I called back on Thursday and they again sent me to someone who wished to "show me how to use the website" - I was infact talking to someone from Central America - so now we know where RIM's call centre is.  So now onto Friday.....

I called back and talked to a different receptionist (after being on hold again) and I asked to speak to someone in Waterloo - after all, I live about 40 minutes away from the head office.  She said the sales reps were busy but they would get back to me that morning - it was 9:00am.  At 3:30 I called back, due to the fact that I had not received a call (surprise surprise).  She apologized and said I'd get a call that afternoon.  Just before 5:00 I called back AGAIN because, (yes you guessed it), I did not get a call from them.  She said that someone will contact me Saturday.  I foreworded my phone and waited... guess what?.....  can you predict what happened?.....  I did not get a call.

It is now Tuesday with no call, no e-mail, no snail mail, no Morse code, no homing pigeon, no smoke signals, no pony express.

So, just to recap - I'm trying to buy 25 tablets; with the possibility of purchasing MANY more.  I am a communications officer for the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation.  I can also provide RIM with an "in" at the high schools promoting their product to my grade 12 students.

So, this evening I'm meeting with the union and unfortunately I will have to tell them that RIM does not want the business of the biggest union in all of Canada and I will be instructed to purchase 25 ipads.

.... and RIM's stock dropped why?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Skitzo wrote:

So, this evening I'm meeting with the union and unfortunately I will have to tell them that RIM does not want the business of the biggest union in all of Canada and I will be instructed to purchase 25 ipads.

.... and RIM's stock dropped why?

Why would you tell that untruth. You don't know if they don't want your business. RIM doesn't sell device direct, they have retailers all over the world and thousands in Canada. The situation is that you have found a way to purchase the devices in the manner in which you are wanting to purchase them.

Have you tried speaking with any one in Marketing?

Or, have you been to a local Futureshop?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Skitzo

[ Edited ]

Why would you tell that untruth.  

Untruth?!?!?  What would you call it then?   If a company does not respond to a representing individual in a timely manner; gives them the 'run around', and makes no attempt to please potential customers - what would your conclusion be?  - They do not want the business -  Has RIM become complacent?

You don't know if they don't want your business. RIM doesn't sell device direct,

Yes they do, especially if one is buying in large quantities.  That's the first question I asked the receptionist.  How else do you think whole corporations are on a unified "BlackBerry Plan".

they have retailers all over the world and thousands in Canada. The situation is that you have found a way to purchase the devices in the manner in which you are wanting to purchase them.

Actually I contacted Walmart, Futureshop and Best Buy.  Walmart had a sale two days ago, but didn't have ANY in stock.  They said the shipment had not been sent - and they were only slated to get 9 per store. Best Buy was also without product, and Futureshop said they had 1.  GRANTED, this was due to the sales and people were price matching.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Skitzo wrote:

Why would you tell that untruth.  

Untruth?!?!?  What would you call it then?   If a company does not respond to a representing individual in a timely manner; gives them the 'run around', and makes no attempt to please potential customers - what would your conclusion be?  - They do not want the business -  Has RIM become complacent?

You don't know if they don't want your business. RIM doesn't sell device direct,

Yes they do, especially if one is buying in large quantities.  That's the first question I asked the receptionist.  How else do you think whole corporations are on a unified "BlackBerry Plan".

they have retailers all over the world and thousands in Canada. The situation is that you have found a way to purchase the devices in the manner in which you are wanting to purchase them.

Actually I contacted Walmart, Futureshop and Best Buy.  Walmart had a sale two days ago, but didn't have ANY in stock.  They said the shipment had not been sent - and they were only slated to get 9 per store. Best Buy was also without product, and Futureshop said they had 1.  GRANTED, this was due to the sales and people were price matching.

Wow. You really need to calm down. You're barking up the wrong tree.  If you want to kick an innocent dog, call that number again and berate the receptionist at RIM and see if that makes you feel better.

It's your interpretation that they don't want your business but you could have simply gotten someone who doesn't care. You can't translate that to the entire company.

We here don't work for RIM. We are simply users who would like to assist others with their technical software and hardware issues.

I'd encourage you to give it a try again. I'm just passing along the information you asked for.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

They obviously sell wholesale to regular retailers but a single lot of 25 is hardly a wholesale quantity. Try 100 a month for a year and they may be interested. You will not get 25 ipads at any discount at all for the same reason. 

Any decent Retailer will do you a deal on 25 if you can wait for the order. 

I agree. But I didn't want to tell him that's not a big order. That organization could be ordering more over time, but you have to start somewhere.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Skitzo

I never said I was making a wholesale order.

Go reread the message - what would you do if someone from the largest union in the country is looking for a communications tool right in the midst of 70,000 elementary teachers going on strike and another 60,000 secondary teachers close behind them.   The union want to start out with an oprder of 25 tablets to test them out.

Really... what would you do?

would you not return a phone call?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Me, I'd call and try again.
or call a major retailer not visit the store.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.