Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
narendraprajapati
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32 GB

coutry and blackberry ID not displayed

Hi,

I am trying to initially set up the playbook. I have created the wifi hot spot through my laptop and Playbook shows as connected to the  Hot spot. It also shows the Hotspot setup on the bottom left of the screen. Now when I go to the date  and time screen, the time is not syncronized with my Laptop time and both the devises (Laptop and playbook shows different time). When I come on the agreement page it does not show any country name and message comes "unable to display the blackberry ID agreement.

I have tried all the permutation and combinations but nothing worked out.

Please help.

Regards

Narendra

New Contributor
ssomvanshi
My Device: BB Playbook

Re: coutry and blackberry ID not displayed

Hi,

I am also facing similar kind of issues. After giving date and time i didn't get country information in the Tablet. The list of values is not showing a single country name.

Due to that I am not able to go forward. Is there any way to move forward.

REgards,

Sandeep Somvanshi

New Contributor
ssomvanshi
My Device: BB Playbook

Re: Country and blackberry ID not displayed

Hi All,

I have also similar kind of issue - Country name not populating in drop down list.

Solution:

- Tried and tested solution

While connecting to Wi-Fi just check for the Authentication Type. I have tried with "WPA-Psk/WPA-Psk2" and it works for me. Please make sure that the Router and the BB Playbook both were using the same authentication type. Default value for routers are generally "WEP" so change it.

- Solution not tested but found in some forums.

I have heard one more solution. Shutdown your BB. Then install Desktop Manager in your Computer (PC). Connect you BB playbook with your Laptop. Once your Playbook is connected then only start it. Hopefully it will load and solve your problem. This does not even require Wi-Fi connection.

Regards

New Contributor
robebrian
My Device: Bold 9900 & 32GB Playbook

[ Edited ]

I'm having this issue and i'm desperate for help. I've tried the above methods. This all started when I started up my device last week and saw the latest os 2.1 update. On the pb itself I clicked to install the update like i've always done. It starts and a less than 30 seconds later I get this message:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/robebrian/PBissue_zps19ac5f57.jpg

So yes I got that message on the PB itself and couldn't shake it don't matter how many times I hit retry on the pb. So I decided to try a different approach. I backed up my pb through DM. Wiped my PB for through the security settings. Then I tried to connect it to DM and doing the software update through there. Well it didn't work. Got the same error shortly afte the update starts. At this point I followed the steps you guys have laid out above and I'm still getting that same error I attached the screen shot off. Note: I'm using my phone as mobile hotspot for my laptop and pb right now. I tried my wife's phone too and it didn't make a difference. Still stuck on the blackberry ID screen. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

New Contributor
robebrian

**UPDATE**: I took my sister-in-laws Wind mobile blackberry. Enabled her mobile hotspot. Connected the PB through the wifi setup. Went over to the ID screen again and this time it populated the country list . Right now it's currently downloading the os update for os 2.1.0.1526. So far it seems to be something with telus?

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

it the updates, initial setup up does not work try going to a free wifi hotspot like Starbucks or McDonalds. This is well documented in this forum. Adhoc networks do not work with the playbook.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
robebrian

Re: coutry and blackberry ID not displayed

The question is why it worked with the Wind mobile connection and not Telus? Wind is an adhoc connect also. Both are mobile service providers. Only difference between them is. That Wind uses AWS spectrum like T-mobile in the US and carriers in Europe.