Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Xplornet

email name?

This is weird. When I send emails from my playbook the recipient sees it as 'First Last'. My name is only revealed when it  is opened. How do I change this so my name appears as the sender?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: email name?

Are you using the Native Messages program fir your email? If you are I would delete the email account, reboot your PlayBook and reinstall the account. Make sure you fill in the information boxes fully when adding your info.
New Contributor

Sorry I don't know what the 'native' is. Earlier this week I did delete and reinstall email when the playbook wasn't picking any up . The 'First Last'' has been consistent tough since I got the playbook in Feb. Today I saw my name wasn't in the blackberry id registration fields, so I added it and rebooted, but there was no change. Is there something else I should check? (I'm not using any forwarding or phone access - the playbook just links to my desktop which has been working fine)

Forums Veteran I

The native application that came with the last upgrade in February. It is called Messages, Contacts and Calendar.
New Contributor

Yes that's what I'm using. I've installed the system upgrades too.

Forums Veteran I

Try a three button reset which is similar to Control - Alt - Delete on the computer. It will reset the software back to the start.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok the 3 finger reset has been done (it didn't take all that time - unexpected company dropped by). I tried a test and there is no change - it's still showing as 'First Last '. Could there be other fields buried somewhere that I haven't filled in?  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.