Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

.epub files problem

Hello. I'm an ultra-newbie, this may be a mistake I'm making but if so, I can't see what it is. My PB won't recognize .epub files.

I used Calibre to convert .mobi files to the .epub format. I dragged and dropped them into the Documents folder on the PB.  With PB plugged into my PC, Windows Explorer sees them in the Documents folder.  I D/L'ed ePub reader Lite but neither it nor the PlayBook File Manager can see these books.   Am I doing something wrong?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: .epub files problem

[ Edited ]

Playbook file manager is  a poor excuse for a file manager which will only "see" files supported by the Playbook native apps. You need the free app AIR Browser from App World to see all files.

Don't know about your epub reader lite, but the paid for app installed from Playbook's App World called "Book reader for epub and Kindle" (it's about £1 or $1) will load the books from your documents folder.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: .epub files problem

I was right - it was a Newbie-based problem:-) Security settings had to be changed to allow access to the epub files. BTW, I got AIR and it looks to be a big improvement. Thanks.