Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK; PlayBook is WiFi only

Re: error 65792 playbook 1

One needs to be firm with them.

The more angry posts the better Aaron.

It's the worst case of dropping the ball and shooting themselves in the foot, ever.

Like I said, how to lose your customer loyalty and base in one easy, and avidable lesson.

Techie Charlie.
Trying to stay loyal to BlackBerry.
Currently using BBM on my Android Motorola Moto G
New Contributor
My Device: 16 gb playbook
My Carrier: voda

Complaining aint going to speed up the fix im afraid, they probably dont want to enlighten us whats wrong cause they dont have any idea as of yet, probably a disgruntled ex employe dropped a virus in the activation server, or Apple espionage lol 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I called Blackberry support  today  (Jan 28th) and was told they hope to have a fix in 1 to 2 days ...

Contributor

Take your estimate, markyonmars, and at least triple it; 3-7 is a better and safer estimate.

It allows for any unforseen slippage or delays.:Yes:

Techie Charlie.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Z30
My Carrier: Telstra

I like markyonmars estimate better. Got to stay optimistic. I just bought one yesterday and this happened. Not impressed but I know it will be fixed. I am certainly not going to leave BlackBerry over it, been with them for 10 years. Cant wait to use it though, looks awesome.
Contributor

mister glass half full:smileyvery-happy:

I won't leave them yet either.

It is - however - a classic example of taking ones eye of the ball.

Thing is, a lot of how a company is judged by is image perception; or PR, in old fashioned terminology.

When clunky things like servers go down, or outages happen, previously loyal BB fans desert in droves.

I'll stay loyal at present, but have one eye looking ahead so as not to be caught unawares; should this company have any more hiccups like this one.

Techie Charlie.
New Contributor

Mate, you are right. It should be and can be handled a lot better than what it has been and you would think they be onto this, even though the public image is getting better for them they can't afford to have their loyal base get angry and go public tarnishing them. Android and Apple fans are going to love this
Contributor

Thing is, with the latest Android OS, it is a serious rival.

All it needs is a tablet like the PlayBook, that is easy on the battery, with lots of good apps.

Apple devices are still way too pricey.

My money is on a very tight two horse race.

If BB can keep both their OS7 customers happy till the new OS10 devices are more reasonably priced, then they are in with a shout in my book.

I also need my bank to port its app onto OS10, which it has not done yet; but is readily available on Android.

Down to the wire, and close again, Geoff

Techie Charlie.
New Contributor

Agreed. We don't need to hand it to them. I really want to get started using it though, I have a z30 thats bridged to it so its ready to go, just can't update. I'm sure when it gets up and running I won't be disappointed, but a little disappointed right now.
My Device: Playbook and Iphone 4S
My Carrier: SFR

I afraid by this problem.

I'm in France and it's same.

I  sold my BBtorch 3 month after have buy it, i'm realy disappointed by the quality of this smartphone (slid have rapidly bad feeling, shape of the screen lose her chrome and software problem ...).
I have an Iphone since december 2012 and zero problem, all the time the answer of Apple is quick.
My mother and my girlfriend have an Iphone , and even if the warranty is passed, it solved the problem with exchange free of charge.

Yesterday i want only read a pdf with my playbook after many month in sleeping and suprise , ERROR 65792.

When BB have resolved this problem , i sell quickly the playbook and i buy an Ipad.

Sorry for BB but i'm not happy by this firm.
:Dots: