Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mattie2
My Device: Playbook p100 model rdj21ww

error message re profile

Hi... when i try to load applications directly from the Playbook in App world (yesterday it was Cloud Player) it tells me that the app is 'not supported by your device profile.' (32GB playbook) I bought the thing in the UK from a very reputable high street store and I am using it in the UK so what is this message about? Have I got an imported machine somehow? I have been getting this same message since I bought it brand new (and got the same message on my earlier one which I replaced for a bigger memory.) 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattie2

Re: error message re profile

sorry - I should have said 'when I try to download apps....................... the rest is ok.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I think what the message is telling you is that the APP will not run on the PlayBook. It is likely one that runs only on BlackBerry Cell Phones.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattie2

Hi I assumed if I could see the application from my PlayBook app world it would be for the PlayBook. How naive is that???? Thank you for the msg

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I occasionally get the same thing. I think in the future (BB10) all the APPS should be available and run on the PlayBook as well as all the phones.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattie2

Hi I agree. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Please use plain text.