02-02-2013 08:29 AM
i recently bought a Playbook and I updated the device to the latest OS. I would like to share my impression and feedback.
First the hardware looks pretty good: right size, right handling, the OS ist really smooth. The OS is really good as well: fast, simple, mail and calendar software are nice (especially compared to default software on Android). The web browser is good and i can see my podcast in Flash.
Many friends were imoressed and are ordering Playbook.
But there are some bad stuff. Please RIM listen and comments:
- the music player is "poor". I can not easily make playlist, ogg/vorbis are not supported, no cover search on Internet, no sleep time... Look at player like PowerAMP on Android. please, add at least ogg/vorbis, FLAC and sleep. Those feautres are dead easy to implement.
- USB OTG. Yes you cann. I used to play with QNX and i know it works. Allow to mount stick, to use keyboard and mice. Next step: allow developer to acces usb storage. I am a photograph: i want to control my dslr just like i do on Android. It. Is a super feature and make the Playbook better than the iPad on this point
- do a real dock with HDMI, charging, usb, audio, (and lan ?)
- make an even better browser
- supply a podcast application, an usable file manager,
- allow to put the device i sleep in x minutes
- allow to mount network share like nfs and samba. Here again i did myself on QNX as i worked on an embedded solution for a german company. You just have to unlock it. And yes itis a big selling point for home and business user.
As an example: you prepare your presentation on your deskop pc and store the file on the conpany network. Then use the playbook to show it into the meeting room.
Please user and BlackBerrys comments
02-02-2013 11:04 AM
Hello .. I am not an employee BlackBerry, but I can anticipate that soon will come the OS update, bringing the BlackBerry PlayBook OS to BlackBerry 10.