Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook OS2
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

file transfers Torch 9800 to Playbook

Can anyone tell me how to transfer files from a Torch 9800 to a Playbook 2 without a PC in the middle? BB Bridge works fine. I can see the files in the native file search utility, open them, etc. But actually pulling a file from the phone to the tablet, beats me. There's no dragging or save as capability when switching directories from phone to tablet. I've even tried using shortcut keys on the mini keyboard to try to copy and paste, but no go. All the apps I've found rely on WiFi and are geared to Playbook/PC use.

Solutions?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: file transfers Torch 9800 to Playbook

Try Files & Folders. Usually works as long as you're not on BES:

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well good to hear Jon, because I just purchased it last night (the BBW app page didn't mention a trial) after trying a few others; so hoping that does the trick. Thanks! (I'm not on BES, btw.)

I was hoping there was something in the native File Manager, but (frustratingly) there's no copy/save/paste capabilities that I've found. Seems like it would have been an obvious, doesn't it?  Smiley Wink  Opening a Phone file in Docs To Go and using Save As to bring it to the Playbook just isn't a practical work around.

I'll check Files & Folders & report back.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Contributor

Works! I wouldn't say it's the most intuitive software out there (it took a bit to find how you get to the Bridged phone, especially when used to it automatically appearing in the native File Manager and going up the file tree only gets to the top Playbook folder); but all figured out now.

Thanks for the suggestion Jon.