Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

find downloaded file?

Hi

I am a new user of playbook. I downlaoded an epub file and can't find it although one message said it does exist. Is there a downlaods file somewhere?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: find downloaded file?

[ Edited ]

Your Documents folder most likely.

By the way, download the free app called Air Browser from App World, it's free and will greatly improve your life as it's a file manager. With that app you can go hunting for files.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/43867/?lang=en

4/5 stars out of 1411 reviews.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32g
My Carrier: None

Check inside Adobe Reader. 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

There is also a downloads folder visible from within the Web browser when you swipe down from the top menu. I would still download Air Browser as it's awesome. You'll find all kinds of things on your PB. Just be careful with what you delete.

You could always connect it to your PC and find it that way. At least you'd learn where the browser downloads to.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

Browser downloads folder shows "active" downloads only, i.e. Recent and not yet viewed.  all other downloads can only be accessed by the likes of air browser or attached computer. They just sit there festering and takin up space. 

Many many files are invisible to playbook's built-in filemanager, and they are the ones you also cannot attach to emails. It's supposed to be a security feature but like the impossible to anchor cursor,  the five minute timeout, and the standby that uses as much power as running,  it's actually a PIA.

________
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for that helpful info.