Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
Accepted Solution

forgot blackberry playbook password

forgot blackberry playbook password. Please tell me how to recover it or what to do.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: forgot blackberry playbook password

Hopefully you don't have much on. keep doing the password and then a security wipe will be presented. Don't worry you will be able to reinstall your app world apps.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Too bad, So Sad. You get 10 opportunities to get it correct. Then it is a total security wipe. After that you will lose everything on the tablet and will have to start from scratch. Are you sure it is your PB? One poster had two at his home. His wife picked up his and kept trying her password. Finally he clued in as to what was happening and managed to get it from her before it was wiped.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if connecting to a PC make sure caps lock or num lock is not on

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

will 'total security wipe' work after 10 apportunities

i do not remember the password

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8900/playbook

lostatsea, the poster that you mentioned is so funny, sound like a story

They should do some marks on their PB

And, sorry to say that if you failed 10 passwords inserted, you will have to erase your PB, and everything on it will gone

New Contributor

i have entered all the 10 opportunities and the security wipe is done. But now my blackberry playbook is not charging and is turned off. 

Forums Veteran I

Hold down the red Power button and the two volume buttons all at the same time for 15 seconds.
Wait 1 minute, then hold the power button down until the red light comes on (3 or 4) seconds.
Unit will restart in about 1 minute.
Then you will have to connect to your laptop, download what you lost.
You can search on this web site to find the full correct procedure to reinstall everything.
In future do not forget your password. Read the Operating Info available at the Question Mark ? on your home screen
New Contributor

1. Hold down the red Power button and the two volume buttons all at the same time for 15 seconds.
2. Wait 1 minute, then hold the power button down until the red light comes on (3 or 4) seconds.
3. Unit will restart in about 1 minute.

i did the 1st and 2nd step successfully but black berry playbook did not restart still. 

RED light blinks continously but it still having a black screeen.

Forums Veteran I

Try the procedure again. Make sure all 3 buttons are down and the time is at least 15 seconds.