Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
skirogue67
My Device: playbook tablet

frozen playbook

My brand new playbook just froze after opening up an email message with purchase receipt.  I had just downloaded epub book reader.

I can't turn it off with power switch and device is frozen on open message page. Can't swipe anything.

Any suggestions?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: frozen playbook

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds... what happens?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

My PlayBook froze last week after receiving email, only the second freeze up I have had in 14 months. It took me about one half hour to get it to respond, I was beginning to get worried. My battery had about 95 % charge on it when it happened. Here is what I did to get it back to normal. Held down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and waited about 10 minutes. Tried the start button only, no go. Repeated step one again with the three buttons. Waited again about 10 minutes. Tried the start button again, no response. Tried the three button procedure again and this time the red light flashed when I pushed the start button only after about 6 seconds and she booted up. No problems since.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RIM has been pretty clearly stated the three button restart does nothing now, it's just the power button.

I wonder how it would have been if that last try you pressed and held the power button only, for about 20 seconds, could have been the same result. Right?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
skirogue67
My Device: playbook tablet

Held it for twenty seconds and it restarted ok

Thanks