Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gmail calendar sync - unable to setup gmail caldev account

Running a Playbook with current OS.  I deleted my gmail account over the weekend and now when I try to re-add the account, the email works, contacts sync works, but I cannot get the calendar portion setup.  I get an error that the calendar server is not responding.  I have searched the internet high and low looking for solutions and tried everything I could think of, but so far have found no solutions.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: gmail calendar sync - unable to setup gmail caldev account

Hi rcgjr,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please tell me if you have tried the settings outlined in the following KB article? "How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on BlackBerry PlayBook" KB33093

Can you also provide the full error message you receive please?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: --

FrankieS wrote:

Hi rcgjr,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please tell me if you have tried the settings outlined in the following KB article? "How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on BlackBerry PlayBook" KB33093

Can you also provide the full error message you receive please?

I look forward to your response.

I am also having this issue - as per the other thread, and I've read others too - so it's not an isolated incident.

I've followed the KB article carefully, and the message I receive is this:-

"Acccount Gmail - <my email address> - <my email address> failed testing with current settings."

Gmail sync (ie email) works fine, as does contact sync - just this problem with caldev / calendar sync. Somethings broken there - the rabbit done died.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Yes i did try those settings, many many different times over a period of numerous days.  Tried those steps as well as other things I had found for suggestions however nothing was working.  The mid last week I tried it again and it worked without issue and has been syncing ever since.  Nothing changed on this end, my guess is some glitch on the gmail side?  i don't have the exact error message, thought I had taken a screen shot of it, but apperently I forgot to do it.  As I recall it was something about "server not found" and the server address was listed (as it appears in KB33093).

Rick