Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook

gmail not working with playbook

Initially gmail worked well with my playbook. it stopped working about a week ago, although all my other email accounts work fine. Unfortunately this is the one I registered my playbook with so I can't get any messages from blackberry to my gmail account anymore. So I have reverted to my laptop to check this email account.

Anyone know why? or how to fix this??

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: gmail not working with playbook

How were you accessing your GMail on your PlayBook? Via Bridge with a BlackBerry Smartphone? Or via the Gmail app on your PlayBook?

If it was the latter, then that's just a link to the Gmail mobile website. Are you able to browse other websites on your PlayBook?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: playbook

Changed my email on here then looked through the forums where it said to go to the browser to to options then clear cache history etc... Did not use the app on blackberry went into the site through the browser then I got it back and all my messages from the past week. I think somewhere along the way I hit the mobile app and it does not work properly with the saved browser app and somehow it merged and disabled the saved browser site. better to go into it through the browser and save it as a favorite and just never hit that app again.

Thanks for your help.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

No problem! That app should actually just be a web bookmark, but maybe something else is up. Still, I'm glad you got it resolved now!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32gb

I just had the same and know I didn't hit the mobile app. gmail just started going to mobile and not showing new mail. I have to go into one of my labels, go to the bottom of the page and click on 'basic html' to show the non mobile app and any new mail. bit of a pain.
My Device: 32 g Playbook

Same problem on my playbook.  Fix for me was to go to <settings> then  <privacy and security > scroll down and cleat the cache.

Good luck

My Device: Curve 8520

This topic is now locked

Due to its age

Steve_T                                                                                                       New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png