Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
smcenroe
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: help did a new tablet update now tablet won't open up...

[ Edited ]

If you have read the past posts we have been trying everthing under the sun. Please do not be so quick to judge, rather offer a soultion instead.

also on my playbook holding the power button does a forced shutdown not a reboot.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Well mine runs fine but some how whatever was in the update the totally screwed my browser. I watch world snooker live on the weekend which streams live. This weekend my playboyok freezes everytime I try to open it.  BlackBerry is not gaining customers. They are going to sink with there latest actions.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

smcenroe wrote:

If you have read the past posts we have been trying everthing under the sun. Please do not be so quick to judge, rather offer a soultion instead.

also on my playbook holding the power button does a forced shutdown not a reboot.

Yep tried everything but not necessarily in the best order. The guy has flatlined the PB battery and possibly bricked it by doing a power intensive OS update and ignoring the "Keep plugged into a power source" warning.

First priority is to get it charging. There's a 70+ page sticky on this, and I would suggest looking at the last 10 pages, and get a magnetic charger.

Next priority as you correctly suggested was to debrick it, but it needs power first. I will include debrick at the end of this post.

If it turns out that the lack of charge is due to a mangled USB socket then the debrick may not work anyway.

Basically it's probably got most of the major problems that can happen to a PB short of cracking the screen. All through trying to reload an OS on battery power.

Re your other comment, the single button reset may only force a shut down but you are allowed to press it again after a minute's rest (to ensure the screen is totally black) to restart.

debrick (once you have it charged)

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password

Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down til black)

Download latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up

The next bit happens very quickly.

Connect the Playbook by USB cable.

If the red light starts to glow or playbook starts up, press the Off button til it goes off.

Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it may say Repair rather than Update)

Quickly select the Update (or Repair) option

The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take at least an hour to download via the PC/Mac

Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID

Add back your email accounts etc.

Reinstall your apps from App World, My World.