Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Carrier: Att

help with BB desktop

OK, when i try to connect it tells me it cannot connect need to update my PB, dont want to do that as i cannot backup the PB i know my windows firewall is set to allow BB any suggestions

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: help with BB desktop

malie1 wrote:

OK, when i try to connect it tells me it cannot connect need to update my PB, dont want to do that as i cannot backup the PB i know my windows firewall is set to allow BB any suggestions

Dont do the update yet as it could wipe all your info

What PC OS?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1

That is exactly what i thought, 

My OS is windows 7 

The straange thing iss it was working fine hooked up to BBdesktop and it just quit working i didn't change anything, funny thing is my phone (9800) works fine

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

If yoyr message was "cancel, retry or update" then bbdesktop thinks your playbook is off. Try unplugging the micro usb a few times, gently with desktop closed. Then try again. The micro usb port is prone to damage and wear. 

If the message was something  like "you have os 1.0, update available" then it's a known bbdesktop bug. Try restarting everything. 

I,ll try that

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1

still doesnt work, have tried everything, the usb cable is not bad says my device manager is working properly, says i need  to update, dont want to do that because i dont want to update before backing up, have a lot of stuff i dont want to lose

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

I asked what the message was but you didn't give the information requested. 

OK  let me spell it out again. ...

If your message is that it cannot connect, with Options "Cancel, Retry or Update"  (note three options are offered) then it thinks the playbook is off, so the Playbook usb port or cable is suspect. But it sounds like thisis not your message.

If your message is that you have out of date OS and an update is available, with update as the only option, then it's a known blackberty desktop software bug. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop software.

NB You can also try Blackberry Link instead.

Very strange, opened the desktop software a few moments ago and it is working just fine, don't know why or how but it is fine now

Problem solved
Please use plain text.