Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
weedarryl87
My Device: curve 9300 3g
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

help

[ Edited ]

i recently tried to sell my playbook to a work collegue but as he didn't want it so give it back , as i do not use it either, i thought nothing of it , but as another friend asked for it i gave it to him but it requires my old colleges pasword to complete configuration but as i do no longer have contact with him it is impossible to retrieve this password how do i change user or reset playbook without loggin in

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
weedarryl87

Re: help

any suggestions
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
weedarryl87

any body know how to sort this

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

Download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software  from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

While Desktop Software is open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see an error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the "Update" option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete the PlayBook can go back through the setup wizard.

Note:  It is possible to do a security wipe of the Playbook and then start the setup wizard again but some things are lost during the wipe like sample wallpapers and videos.  The software reload above is the recommended method.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
weedarryl87

spot on mate good man

Please use plain text.