Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
forbiddenrose
My Device: BlackBerry playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: Nokia

help

i got my bb playbook 16 gb in december and last night when i had to connect my laptop with it. The laptop would not detect anything connected to it through the use port. I didn't use the magnetic port but the other one. I tried charging it first and it charged but when I connected the cable the laptop could not detect anything connected where as it was charging through the laptop!!! Stack charging I think..... Anyway I have the blackberry desktop software downloaded and till last month when I had to transfer stuff it was perfectly fine.I tried connecting it with windows 7 if it helps.... This is my first blackberry or a tablet as a matter of fact so I don't know how to react to it :'( 

It is charging through the socket AND laptop but the bb desktop software responds with disconnected I really need to know what to do.

Regards 

Teen in distress 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: help

Hey forbiddenrose,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please review the following article that provides related Knowledge Based articles

that cover the Windows operating system not detecting the BlackBerry PlayBook:

Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry PlayBook  

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27424

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.