07-25-2012 12:18 PM
The Dual File Manager App has a move option under Edit but doesn't ask where to move the file to. I press move and get the App screen but no instructions. Ghost Commander move file works but the file won't open and I get an invalid file path message.
From my understanding, becareful to use a native Playbook file manager, if it is a ported android program they do not access the file system the same way as the native programs do
01-13-2013 03:34 AM
Apart from creating folders with a FILE MANAGER APP that you can download from BLACKBERRY APP WORLD, you can create folders by dropping one APP onto another.
Then you can even change the name of that folder which has more than one APP in it by following this procedure which I posted under another topic as follows:
Re: Cannot change homescreen folder name (posted a week ago)
Hey, not that I'm a genius but I just solved my own problem that I posted....
It's like this, for anyone else who couldn't figure this out (the USER GUIDE must think we're all pretty smart... However, the USER GUIDE just doesn't go far enough to explain how to rename a folder.
PROCEDURE TO RENAME A FOLDER CONTAINING more than one APP (ICONS):
1) TAP AND HOLD the folder until it starts blinking.
2) WHILE IT IS BLINKING, TAP the folder and go inside it
3) Now you will see that the folder name sits on about a 1" (one inch) long, greyed tab. This looks just a little different than when you normally just TAP a folder and go inside to activate an app (you don't see this 1" greyed tab when you do this).
4) PRESS FIRMLY THE NAME OF THE FOLDER THAT SITS ON THIS ONE-INCH LONG GREYED TAB (do not "TAP") FOR JUST A MOMENT ---- THEN TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE SCREEN.
5) VOILA! The edit box appears. Now rename the folder or cancel this action.
06-24-2014 08:03 PM
The solution exists, and is provided here:
Basically, you need to touch and hold down the icon until it starts pulsing, and then drag and drop it onto the icon you want to be merged into ine folder; you will be prompted for the new folder name.
a month ago
I can create a folder in home screen by using there icon.
step1: long prees some icon and hold it
step2:drag the holded icon to other icon.
last: creating folder apeared
----- i hope this step will help you...