Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: how to copy and paste text from email to a memo pad or browser?

As a BES admin, it would be nice to have some control over which security policies are enforced in Blackberry Bridge.  I would like to allow users in my company to view PDF files that are on our corporate intranet, but RIM has decided that we are not allowed to download corporate files.  The only option I have is to enable or disable Bridge and to enable or disable Bridge log submission.  There is no option for a BES admin to allow or disallow downloading files from the corporate intranet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bcbecker
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Thanks knottyrope.

I thought it might be security related.

I think the security setting control panel will be quite big when it is finished. I would imagine BES admins will be able to lock users out of changing certain security settings in the local device Control Panel.

As soon as security get consideration, things get more complicated and default functionality decreases. DARN!

--Bryan

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
localsurfer99
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

You can copy and paste from emails and everything just hold with your finger the screen like for 5sec and the option will appear!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmalmquist
My Device: 7290, 8700g, 8800, 9000, 9700 and Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You cannot copy and paste when you are using the bridged applications, that is what this topic is regarding. 

Please moderate yourself before posting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paulypaul
My Device: 9800, and Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

ditto....  I think it should be made clear from now on that when people refer to "email" , as I was. They are refering to the Native Email client. 

Opening the browser and going to gmail.com or hotmail.com is not email. that is just using the broswer.

8100, 8900, 9800, and Playbook owner
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bcbecker
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I think it would be most accurate to refer to the current email client as the Bridge Email client, as hopefully soon there will be a native Playbook email client that uses the Wifi connection to send and receive. (But that's just me :Cool2: )

I find that I can't always copy content from Browser. If it is active content, like this forum or the BlackBerry site, copy functionality is disabled. If you want to copy content from say, a page of Google search results, the copy functionality works as advertised. This is, understandably, due to security concerns.

--Bryan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
entimp
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Optus

knottyrope wrote:

the name is PlayBook, not WorkBook :smileywink:

There is a security model RIM has to enforce for the users on corporate email and those settings affect the copy paste while in bridge mode.

The device is still new and there will be updates/improvements in the future.

Rubbish... if RIM were so worried about the security model you mention... then why am I able to take screen grabs of all bridged applications?

Say it how it is... RIM rushed this and did not add the function! If it isn't in the OS update my playbook will be donated to a younger family member as a games tablet, a fairly poor one... but that's all it is good for right now.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

entimp, are you on BES? i for one am on bes and cannot take a screen shot of any bridged items.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KE4RZ1
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Sprint

This is simply unbelievable.  I thought I'd do a little browsing on Craigslist earlier and when I clicked on the e-mail address in an ad it brought up "turn on bluetooth for bridge" or cancel buttons.  With Android when you click on an e-mail link it will open up what ever e-mail app that you want to use and it fills in the subject such as Re: Whatever etc.

This would not be a killer problem if you could easily copy the e-mail link and then paste it into a hotmail, google, or your favorite web based e-mail website's To: space.  But, you can't copy an e-mail link from somewhere such as Craigslist and then paste it into another open webpage such as Hotmail?  This has been a known issue since before April of last year and no fix has been implemented.  This is a necessity for many people and many people will not be bridging through their Blackberry phone so they can send an e-mail. 

For goodness sake let us copy and paste an e-mail link if you aren't going to go to the trouble of having it automatically open an e-mail app that we could use to send the e-mail.  Business requires copy and pasting and e-mailing. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

From a security standpoint, it is a good idea.

For a consumer it might be too much.

Why could you not use Bridge to open the link?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.