Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

grumpygit567ster
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none of your buisness

how to get rid of adobe reader /bing maps

can some one tell me how to get rid of adobe reader/bing maps as there frankly usless programs and i dont need or want them on my playbook .

reasons for getting rid of =

adobe reader =its slow and its bleeding horrible to use and i have a prefered pdf/e-reader progam.

bing maps = hell no i aint having anything thats microscum supported period its why i have a pb so i dont have to deal with microscums products.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: how to get rid of adobe reader /bing maps

[ Edited ]

grumpygit567ster wrote:

can some one tell me how to get rid of adobe reader/bing maps as there frankly usless programs and i dont need or want them on my playbook .

reasons for getting rid of =

adobe reader =its slow and its bleeding horrible to use and i have a prefered pdf/e-reader progam.

bing maps = hell no i aint having anything thats microscum supported period its why i have a pb so i dont have to deal with microscums products.

thanks

There is no way to remove these two applications at this time.

I would try out PDF Reader from the App World. It's the best $0.99 out there for dealing with PDF's. As for maps, try Magellan Compass. I use it and quite like it's caching ability to take maps on the go when off Wi-Fi.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Agreed.  I was checking around and don't see a way of doing this.

My Device: pb
My Carrier: none of your buisness

cheers chaosdivine

oh well the pb is going in the bin then . another custermer/user lost for rim

i have spent the last twenty years dealing with scumsoft problems and i thought great a product that has nothing to do with them i,ll buy one ..oh was i wrong.

i will now self delete my account oh the joys of companys thinking they know what people want ...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can create a folder named "SCUMSOFTSUCKERS" and place those two icons in that folder and continue enjoying the use of your PlayBook while knowing each day you have corralled them into a corner at least in one man's own little world.

Or hide that folder icon over on a far panel and never even have to look at it.

But if you do toss your PlayBook in the bin, let me know... I'd be happy to pass it along to a local less-than-priviledged child or even ship to a soldier serving overseas... might could use to communicate back home.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Both those apps are quite adequate. Wait a month for BB10 for playbook.

If you have serious problems with them, sideload google maps (latitude) and install the app Chaosdivine mentioned. You cannot change the default pdf browser but you can save large pdfs and open in the alternative app.

My Device: Q10 / Playbook

You won't be able to delete your forums account.
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, I have google maps loaded, love it. Never ever have to look at Bing (I don't care for them either, I just don't get quite so worked up over it.

So, Mr. grumpygit567ster, could that help turn that frown around?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Or send to me, I could use a spare unit.

Its a really trivial issue you got.

Hide em like JSanders says.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

grumpygit567ster wrote:

cheers chaosdivine

oh well the pb is going in the bin then . another custermer/user lost for rim

i have spent the last twenty years dealing with scumsoft problems and i thought great a product that has nothing to do with them i,ll buy one ..oh was i wrong.

i will now self delete my account oh the joys of companys thinking they know what people want ...

If I were you I'd wait out the next 11.5 days or so and see in person what all the (well deserved) hype is about with regards to BlackBerry 10 on their new phones. The PlayBook is based on the same QNX operating system that BB10 will use. RIM's VERY serious about this new OS carrying them into the future (and have bet the farm on it's success). From what I've seen, it's amazing - but I've done my research on it for quite some time and I'm convinced that it's a game changer. But don't take my word for it, check it out in person in less than two weeks once officially launched. It is true that the PlayBook will receive the BB10 OS update sometime in the future. No one knows as of yet when though. We are speculating it will be free but then again no one knows that for sure yet either.

Anyhow, I agree that if these two apps are the dealbreakers for you then you definitely should consider donating it to someone less fortunate. A single Mom perhaps, a Veteran, someone worthy of the awesome technology you'd enable them to receive.

Hang in there for a bit. PDF Reader is a great app and the author genuinely interested in feedback and making his app the very best possible for users. Magellan Compass is going to come under some serious competition once BB OS 10 drops from Tom Tom since RIM has used their capabilities in their BB Maps app that will come with the operating system. Anyhow, things are going to change and get a lot better...

Just have to be patient.   

Please use plain text.