Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
drewdebrabandere
My Device: 9670 & playbook
My Carrier: bell

i need help with eye-fi cameras and the playbook

i'm in mid tour, biking across canada and i have a fully usb, self sustaining power set up. i preordered the playbook because it was suppose to be awesome, but now i can't put an sd card in it, and somehow it apparently doesn't have host data support.

next i try eye-fi because the playbook is getting, at some point... an android app for eye-fi that should work and if it doesn't i'll lose my mind... anyways i have an olmypus tough 3000 but it isn't compatable with eye-fi. also, i can't find a waterproof camera that is eye-fi compatible and charges via the usb. (i know, as if i should have to ask...)

can anybody offer some insight?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i need help with eye-fi cameras and the playbook

Drew, wow, biking across the continent, that's a feat!

I'm not sure of your question here... no the Playbook is not a MiFi device or hotspot, and there was never any news that it might include a media card port. The Playbook is pretty darn awesome, but doesn't seem to be thing you need on this trip. The camera and vid camera on the device itself is very awesome, you can use it and upload images to a site via email if you need.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drewdebrabandere
My Device: 9670 & playbook
My Carrier: bell

the question is, are there any waterproof cameras out there that support eye-fi and charge via usb.

also, will the eye-fi android app work with the playbook.

i wanted got the playbook for it's size and hardware, wanting to use it for reading, to sort pictures from my camera and edit videos without access to internet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cbvinh
My Device: Torch 9850, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Will the Android eye-fi app work with the Playbook?  Yes.  You'll have to sideload it though.  Here's a message thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f258/eye-fi-sideloaded-app-708175/index4.html

Here's a .bar file:

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/blackberry-playbook-business-and-productivity-apps/?did=986

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wansbrough
My Device: Playbook & Torch 9810
My Carrier: vodafone

I have done this and can only make it work when in my home network.

I cannot for the life of me get direct mode to work. I wasted £40 on a Eye-Fi SD card  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wansbrough
My Device: Playbook & Torch 9810
My Carrier: vodafone

I have found a work round for this. If your BB phone has the capacity for a mobile hotspot then add this as one of the Eye-Fi cards approved networks.

Please use plain text.