Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
engYehia
My Device: playbook tablet

installing os

is there any way to install os without desktop manager ?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: installing os

updates are supported via wifi but if wiping a tablet, you need to reinstall teh OS with a PC to get all default apps back

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

I thought the defualt apps load as a regional apps download after the reinstallation?

Of course, I'm talking a security wipe here. As Knotty says, you need to use Desktop Manager to completely reinstall the OS from scratch and then use the debrick procedure.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
engYehia

i installed the software using desktop manager twice now , and it still stucked at "connect to wifi" screen after choosing language. it can't find the network automatically or manually .:No:

Developer
cas118

So does it work with a friend's wifi or a hotspot?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
engYehia

can't find any network !!!

Developer
cas118

At this point I'd suggest giving BlackBerry Support a call.

Visit http://support.blackberry.com and follow the PlayBook link - you'll then have a phone number you can call. Hopefully they can get you sorted.

Contributor
engYehia

i am from egypt and i can't call them :smileyhappy:

Developer
cas118

Ah, OK.

Well let's double-check. You say that you have reloaded the OS twice by using Desktop Manager? It that the debrick method?

A quick thing you can try is to hold down the power button and volume buttons together. This should do a 'hard' reset. Maybe that will fix it.

Contributor
engYehia

still can't detect any network from the six in the building !!