Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: none

internet tether and app world

ive been unable to connect to app world via bluetooth internet tethering. internet works fine. app world displays a connection error. app world works fine on a wifi connection

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: internet tether and app world

Same with me.  Very odd behaviour.

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

My understanding is that the tethered internet is seperate from the local apps like Youtube etc. The bridged apps are encapsulated within their own space and cant see the rest of the playbook. I was told at a launch party that there would be NO internet for bridged so we're half way there in my opinion.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Agreed. Bridged apps run in their own space.

However, we're talking about simply being tethered, not bridged, and not able to use app world.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

If you are an AT&T wireless subscriber you have to purchase the Datapro 4GB Tethering Data Plan for $45.00 per month before you can tether. As for the other wireless carriers, I don't know. Check with your carrier. Also www.crackberry.com has additional info regarding the bridging vs tethering question.

If I have helped you in any way click on the Kudo button below.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.