Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bsteere
My Device: Torch 9850 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

issues with the PlayBook upgrade

[ Edited ]

I have no idea what has happened...I have a PlayBook which I just upgraded to OS 2.0 yesterday...On Monday I upgraded my smartphone to BB Torch (which I just love!!!)  I am on Verizon Wireless...

These are my issues with the PlayBook upgrade...My WI-FI does not work...It does not even recognize a signal...

I can not get the PlayBook to "bridge" with my Torch...the BB Bridge is the most up-to-date version offered for both devices...The Torch recognizes the PlayBook, but not so with the PB recognizing the Torch...either when I set up using barcode or manual...When the pairing number pops up on the Torch the timer on the PlayBook freezes, but no number pops up,,,

I can not get the PlayBook to pair with the Torch using Bluetooth, either...The PlayBook does not even recognize the Torch on bluetooth whatsoever...Occasionally, it will show that it finds 1 device, but it never pairs & soon after, the PlayBook shows "No devices were found."

Help me PLEASE???

Everything was working fantastically from Monday to Wednesday...

<Personal Content Removed>

Thanks ahead of time...

Barb Steere

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsteere

Re: issues with the PlayBook upgrade

Ok...I have continued to troubleshoot my problems stated in the previous post...This is what I have learned...I have been able to pair the PlayBook with my computer successfully...

So I am wondering if maybe the issue is with the new upgraded OS on the Torch...I have pulled the battery and have still been unable to pair the Torch & the PlayBook...

Any feedback from the powers that know about these things???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsteere

Re: issues with the PlayBook upgrade

I finally decided the way to tackle my connectivity issues was to wipe the PlayBook and download the 2.0 again...This time it worked...I decided this after reading something that made me think that one of the apps I had on the 1.0 was not available for the new download...and I think this was the case...So now I am busy getting acquainted with my new PlayBook...And I am enjoying the exploration!!!

Please use plain text.