Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
titchy
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

kindle app

Hi running os 2  on playbook and tried logging into amazon.com/kindlebb but cannot find the app anywhere. Anyone got an idea how to get the kindle app onto playbook?

Thanks

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: kindle app

There is no Kindle app for the Playbook. You can download the Android version and sideload it but if you don't know how to do that it can be a bit of work.

Here is a link that will help:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I've been meaning to try this web based way of sideloading apps.

http://crackberry.com/sideloading-made-easy-playbook-app-manager-browser-plugin

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've looked at that. The problem is that plugins quit working all of a sudden when the browser gets updated.

I simply use the DDPB app found here and a usb cable:

http://ddpb.dauden.vn/

Then I either download .bar files from the goodreader site and install, or use my daughter's Android account and download the Android .apk files and convert them myself (this is a much more involved process then just getting them from Goodreader but I have a few apps that Goodreader doesn't offer.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Thanks JC!  I've used this too!

My Device: playbook

John

Thanks for that. Had to fiddle with it but kindle reader now installed on playbook.

Thanks for your help

Guru I
John_Clark

Glad it worked! It's kinda fun, actually. There are lots of apps at the Goodreader store already converted. One that they don't have that I use a lot is the Lodgenet app for controlling TV's in hotels. I converted it myself and it works great.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

Wolf359 wrote:

I've been meaning to try this web based way of sideloading apps.

http://crackberry.com/sideloading-made-easy-playbook-app-manager-browser-plugin

If you have a Mac it's the ONLY way you can sideload without using bare terminal commands. And it also works on WIndows and Ubuntu and probably any OS that runs chrome or chromium.

I have never had a problem with it. It's the mutt's nuts. Try it and enjoy.

________
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

good deal, thanks for the heads up!

My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

[ Edited ]

Wolf359 wrote:

good deal, thanks for the heads up!

The sideloaded app works well.  You can also use the native browser and go to the Kindle web site.  It works okay as well and has been discussed in this forum extensively.

edit....sorry, the browser version doesn't work since the last os upgrade....