Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mademoizelx
My Device: 16 gb 1343-5835-9753
My Carrier: 581-998-5922

lost?

I connected my BlackBerry tablet on my laptop computer and I lost everything what I had above. My picture, videos, files(cases) and the others. There is nothing on my computer and my BlackBerry tablet and be to restart, discount(delivery) has zero. How I make to find everything? Or are returned my things? Why what is what I lost everything?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: lost?

When you connect the PlayBook to your laptop, it will ask if you want to backup your files. I think what happened it updated your operating system in which case, it deletes all your files and reinstalled the OS. If you had a previous backup file, you can get back what was saved, if you did not do a backup, you have lost everything.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

maybe when you inserted you playbook to computer you apply to format media file so your data lost
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

So do I need to back up my data before updating OS, if I download it directly on playbook?

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

You should backup your files occasionally. I have never had any problems when upgrading my OS by wifi. Several people have had problems when connecting by usb. You have to keep an eye on the process when connecting by usb.
Please use plain text.
bonx
My Device: blackberry toch
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi, same thing happened to me but when I try to make new files my phone(using the same file names I had before I connected to the my laptop )says 'file already exist', but the files on my laptop have not been lost, please help?
Please use plain text.